Interactive Reading in Real Time

Most of the time when I hear the word interactive these days I associate it with games, reading or other activities using some kind of technology. An article I read in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel this morning got me thinking about the multiple ways we can encourage literacy with all ages of kids with cook books. The Sentinel article has reviews of several good books for doing science experiments in the kitchen. Below are a few more that are for cooking. The links go to reviews on Amazon but I'd suggest going to your local library first. Most of our libraries are on line so you can see if they have the book you are interested in before you make the trip. If you are on Google+ there is a Google Community called Cooking with Kids that has some wonderful recipes.

Books for Cooking with Kids

Post a Comment